Trutein has some really delicious protein flavors. One of their new ones is lemon meringue pie so naturally I had to create just that!
I adapted from a few different recipes:
Depending on your macros for the day, you can modify the recipe to make more!
The crust is simple but delicious and buttery, again you can sub more butter in if your plan allows:
Cute little pie!
For the filling:
- Lemon meringue pie trutein
- 1 Egg white (can be omitted)
- Lemon juice (either concentrated or fresh squeezed)
- 1ts vanilla
- 1/4 ts salt
- 3g butter
- .5 cup almond milk
- A pinch of Cream of tartar
For the crust
- 14g butter
- 40g oat flour
- 3tbs cold water
- 2 egg whites
- 1 ts vanilla
- .5 cup baking stevia
- Beat the egg whites until slightly fluffy, add in Trutein and lemon juice.
- In pan heat Almond milk, butter and vanilla until butter melts, mix in with Trutein mix. The result will be slightly watery. Add a little bit of cream of tartar to thicken
- Cut the butter into little squares and press into flour mixture with a fork
- Add 3 tablespoons of water and mix. Form dough onto parchment paper or Wilton's Tart pans (love these things!)
- Put the crust in the fridge
- Beat egg whites until foamy, add some cream of tar tar to thicken
- Add in stevia slowly half way through mixing. Continue mixing until stiff peaks form. If you stick your finger in and pull it out the shape should hold
Putting it all together:
- Pour filling into crust
- Put Meringue on top and form little peaks to make it look pretty.
- Place in oven 400 degrees for about 10 minutes or until meringue hardens (it'll get a little brown at the ends.
I had both filling and meringue left over so I made meringue cookies and lemon meringue pie ice cream and ate that too :)