Now to start this post...Last week I ordered Lorann Emulsion Oils (pumpkin, cream cheese, red velvet and princess cake and cookie) and they came in the mail today! On Friday, I also got my order of Red Velvet Trutein.
I found this recipe which I'm going to attempt to modify and make it just as tasty!
My last meal calls for 25G of Trutein and 15G of Peanut Butter (note: Since I don't get carbs tonight, I won't be using them for this recipe but when I do I'll typically swap with coconut or oat flour, it makes the consistency a bit different).
Some of they key ingredients I keep in my kitchen:
- Baking Stevia
- Trutein (I have vanilla, lemon meringue pie, red velvet, peanut butter marshmallow cookie, shamrock shake and mocha caramel at the moment)
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Coconut Butter (Sweat Spreads)
- Regular Butter
- Almond Milk
- Xanthum Gum
These are the emulsion oils I got today!
The frosting comes out very nice! Thick and delicious, a tiny bit of emulsion goes a long way!
The Red Velvet Emulsion makes the batter REALLY bright red. I mixed these ingredients by hand with a fork.
Don't mind my messy cupcake pan :). Fill the little cups about 3/4 of the way full. This recipe made 4 cupcakes!
If you pull them out too early they sink in :( But they come out with a beautiful red color
4 Little sunk in cupcakes :)
The fact that they caved in actually worked perfectly for the frosting!
And taste test confirms...they are DELICIOUS! The frosting is buttery with an authentic cream cheese taste. The cake comes out very moist and the Red Velvet pairs nicely with the cream cheese frosting (of course)!
- 15G of Peanut butter swapped for 13G of butter
- 15G goat cheese (From my previous meal) swapped for 4G of butter
Cake - 1 Serving
- 20G Red Velvet Trutein (you can use more if you like)
- 1/8 ts baking powder
- 7G butter (yup the real stuff)
- .5 cup Baking Stevia
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 ts baking soda
- 2 ts apple cider vinegar
- Red Velvet Emulsion
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 10G butter
- 5G vanilla trutein
- .5 cup Baking Stevia
- 3 tbs almond mlik
- 1 ts LorAnn Cream Cheese emulsion
Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Get out your cupcake pan and grease the baking cups with coconut oil no calorie spray (or whatever you have)
- In a bowl, mix together Trutein and baking powder and set aside.
- In a another bowl (or bowl of a stand mixer), cream the butter and baking stevia. Add the egg white. Beat in emulsion and salt. (I mixed this by hand because there's so little but you can def use a mixer. Make sure the butter is room temp or soft)
- Add flour mixture alternating with the almond milk. Dissolve the baking soda into the vinegar and blend into the batter.
- Pour evenly into the cupcake cups and bake for about 15 minutes until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool cakes and remove from pan. (Seriously wait the full 15 otherwise they deflate :( I took them out at 9 minutes and they sunk in)
To make frosting:
- Using an mixer and cream butter and baking stevia on low speed until combined, then beat on medium speed for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add almond milk a little at a time, until desired consistency is achieved.
- Add emulsion and salt and beat an additional 1 minute. A little emulsion goes a long way!
- Add the vanilla Trutein and beat on low for about 1 minute.
- Throw it in the freezer for a few minutes to thicken while the cupcakes are baking!